Hot Sauce Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Hot Sauce Mac and cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C; Lightly grease an ovenproof dish with butter.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta al dente as per packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- In a medium pot, over a medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Slowly begin to add the milk and spices (onion, salt, pepper, ground mustard and garlic) in while constantly stirring. Continue to stir until the mixture thickens, this will take about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cheese, sour cream and cream cheese until it is all fully melted.
- Add in the Cali Cali hot sauce and stir.
- Toss the cooked macaroni pasta through the sauce & transfer into the ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle a small amount of grated cheese on top and place into the oven to cook for 15 minutes (until crispy on top).
- Serve and enjoy ☺
Top Tip: When serving dash some more Cali Cali hot sauce over the top for an extra bite.
You can cook this as a family comfort dinner or as a tasty side at a barbecue!
- 4 tablespoons Cali Cali Tijuana Hot Sauce
- 185g dry macaroni pasta
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter (35g)
- 1 ½ tablespoons plain flour (20g)
- 250ml Low fat milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 60g light cream cheese
- 85g shredded mozzarella
- 60g shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 50g light sour cream
MACROS - Per Serving
- Calories – 454
- Fat – 20g
- (of which saturates 7.7g)
- Carbs – 53g
- (of which sugars 3.2g)
- Protein – 16g
- Salt 1.7g